Okavango Delta (including Moremi Game Reserve), the Chobe-Linyanti river system (including Chobe National Park) and Makgadikgadi-Nxai National Park.
Chobe National Park
Covering approx. 11 700 sq. kms, the park was established in 1968 and is comprised of floodplains, swamps and woodlands.
Forming the northern boundary is the Chobe river,
The park has 4 distinct geographical areas namely the Chobe riverfront, Savute, Linyanti and the Ngwezumba Pans.
Nxai Pan National Park
- sister to the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park
- open all year round
- best time to visit mid November to March
- of interest, Baines Baobabs, painted by the artist/adventurer Thomas Baines in 1862
- during the rainy season the pan is transformed into a real garden of eden
Makgadikgadi Pans National Park
- one of the largest salt pans in the world
- once a prehistoric lake
- covers an area the size of Portugal
- Sowa (eastern side) and Ntwetwe (west) comprise the 2 biggest pans
- visited by Dr. Livingstone in the 19th century